The stories of University of Chicago faculty, along with their field-defining research and leading expertise, are important for continuing to build the eminence of the University. The Academic Communicators Network Excellence Awards were created by the Office of the Provost and University Communications to recognize faculty and other academics who are actively and effectively communicating about their research and scholarship to target audiences.
Academics will be honored in three categories:
- Media relations: must demonstrate leadership working with the news media (includes print, online, and/or broadcast communications)
- Op-ed writing: must write exceptional op-eds and achieve placement in noteworthy publications
- Digital communications: must demonstrate innovation using websites, social media, podcasts, and/or blogs
The ACN Excellence Awards are open to current University faculty, other academic appointees (OAAs), and postdoctoral scholars. Any current faculty member, OAA, postdoctoral scholar, staff member, or student may submit a nomination. Individuals may be nominated for multiple categories, and nominators may submit multiple award nominees. Nominations must:
- Demonstrate effectiveness reaching key stakeholders with messaging and achieving positive outcomes based on intended goals/objectives
- Highlight communications published/broadcast between July 1, 2020, and June 30, 2021
Nominations are now closed. Awardees will be announced in late Autumn Quarter. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.