Whether you are relocating to Chicago or moving to another part of the city, UChicago offers a variety of resources and support to help you make informed decisions and find the best living situation for your needs.
Many factors must be considered when choosing a place to live. Price, transportation options, proximity to grocery stores, and the feel of different neighborhoods all come into play. To learn about specific Chicago neighborhoods and other things to consider when looking for an apartment or house, download our Housing Guide.
Realtors can be particularly helpful when it comes to narrowing down your search. They are familiar with the Chicago housing market and the city’s various neighborhoods. They can also tailor searches to suit your specific needs. Please contact Liv Leader at 773.702.0076 or email@example.com to be referred to local real estate agents.
Online Housing Resources
If you prefer to explore housing options on your own, many online resources can help you find an apartment or house. Get more information by referencing our Housing Guide. UChicago maintains a list of properties owned by individual landlords seeking tenants. For more information, contact Liv Leader at 773.702.0076 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Online housing resources include:
- Facebook Marketplace
- UChicago Marketplace
Options for furnished housing in Hyde Park are limited. Here are suggestions for finding or furnishing an apartment or house:
- For short-term housing, search for person-to-person sublets on UChicago Marketplace or Facebook Marketplace. Many homeowners in Hyde Park rent rooms or their entire home through Airbnb and Sabbatical Homes.
- If you want to rent furniture for an unfurnished apartment, you can do so through Cort. Prices begin at $99 per month to furnish a studio apartment. To learn more, contact Cort at 312.266.8719. Hyde Park Property Management also rents furniture for apartments located in its buildings. Prices begin at $75 per month to furnish a studio apartment. Learn more by contacting Hyde Park Property Management at 773.672.2882 or email@example.com.
UChicago maintains a list of properties owned by individual landlords seeking tenants. For more information, contact Liv Leader at 773.702.0076 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hyde Park Rental Agencies
The two largest rental agencies in Hyde Park are Mac Properties and Hyde Park Property Management. These agencies own complexes that are small or large, modern or vintage. Parker Holsman is a smaller agency in Hyde Park that also offers rental options. You can identify additional local rental agencies online.
- Contact Hyde Park Property Management at 773.672.2882 or email@example.com.
- Contact Mac Properties at 312.663.8120.
- Contact Parker Holsman at 773.493.2525 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Loans and Mortgage Brokers
For a referral to a mortgage broker who has experience working with other academic families, please contact Liv Leader at 773.702.0076 or email@example.com.
Campus Housing Resources
If you prefer to stay close to campus and search for housing owned by the University, UChicago’s Residential Properties manages more than 500 rental units within the Hyde Park area. To learn more, contact Karen Lark at 773.753.2200.
Chicago Renter’s Rights
Information about Chicago renter’s rights is available in the Housing Guide. For more information, visit the Chicago Housing website or contact the Chicago Rents Right Hotline at 312.742.7368.